Thursday, January 6, 2011

I almost hit my first celebrity! Oops!

Wednesday afternoon I decided to get out in the cold, snowy weather and head to the local hot spot for some hot chocolate. When I was here for Thanksgiving Jessi took us to this coffee shop, Fido, and said if we ever wanted to see a celebrity this would be the place to do it. So where do I choose for my afternoon drink? Fido, of course! It's such a cool place, just laid back and there's people sitting alone everywhere so you're bound to strike up a conversation with someone. (Which people say I'm good at..haha.)

I was driving down the side street to the Fido parking lot and saw a couple walking. Of course I looked and realized it was Charles Kelley and his wife Cassie. For those of you who don't know, Charles Kelley is the lead singer of Lady Antebellum. I was so excited that they were in front of me that I turned in the parking lot a little quickly and got too close to them..with my car. Haha. I was mortified. I finally see a celebrity up close and almost hit them with my car! Ooops! He waved and I did also in an apologetic manner.

I parked and picked up my phone to call Mom or Erin and realized everyone was in school so I couldn't tell anyone! Sheesh people, this is IMPORTANT! :)

I ended up in line behind Charles and Cassie and we struck up a conversation only to find that Radney Foster was ahead of us in the line. (He's an older country musician, producer, writer, aka everything). I spent about an hour in that coffee shop among two amazing country musicians. I think that hot chocolate was the best one I've ever had.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you... for not hitting them ;)

    no, really, i'm proud of you in general. i think you're amazing and i know you're going to succeed.

    and next time everyone is in school CALL ME! i can answer my phone at work... one of the bonuses! :)

    love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete